Powered by Blogger.

My Christmas Vacation, Part 2

From Kansas City, I headed up to Des Moines to meet up with Brian, who flew in the week after me.  We did a ton of stuff while we were in Ames/Des Moines.  Went to a wedding (congrats Matt + Katie!), visited Cornerstone, hung out with friends, Brian worked, and I visited my old office.  I had a fantastic time with my old coworkers, and I know Brian did with his as well.   But, I think the best part was seeing so many of our friends and visiting a lot of old college haunts that we just loved back when we were in school.  
We stopped by our house in Des Moines, and we're so blessed by the awesome renters we have.  I got to visit some of my favorite places in Des Moines like La Mie (french pastry restaurant) and drink some great margaritas with the guys as well!  Hot tubbing, great conversations, and cuddles with the cutie little girls in these pictures rounded out much of the trip down to DSM/Ames area.

And, a little shout out for Reese.  I think she may be the awesomest little girl I've ever been around!  She quickly learned my name and Brian's name, although she probably only knows about 30 words total at this point.  Here's a message that I received from her mom, my great friend Allie, a week later:

"Let's skype soon.  Reese misses her Kate.  The day you left, Reese asked for you after nap and named the shampoo bottle "Kate"!  She still talks about Kate :)"

Made my heart melt :)

B + A  – (January 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM)  

And can I add that at Bret and Katie's this weekend she sometimes slipped up and called Katie "Kate and Bret "Brian". That girl still has you guys on the brain :) And we still haven't skyped...maybe this week!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP