Powered by Blogger.

Thanks, Don

I have a serious fondness for all that Donald Miller writes.  Many of his words seem to speak loudly to me, as well as to many of my generation who are looking for creative ways to love and live life in a Godly way.  I've read all of his books, I think, and last fall, Brian & I were privileged to see him speak live at our church in Des Moines, The Gateway Church (we miss you guys!).  He also writes on a blog, which I've been frequently reading as part of my morning routine.  Earlier this week, he posted a review of Andrew Peterson's new album, Counting Stars.  First, I highly recommend that you go and read the review - it's short and sweet and you can get a great feeling for the vibe of the artist.  There is also a video he posted in the review, but just in case you don't follow the link, I'm going to put it here for you to check out...
This weekend, we spent some time out of the city, exploring Segovia and a small town nearby.  As we sat on a rock by a river, we talked about some things that had been difficult for me lately.  Brian was a tremendous support to me as I spoke about the weaknesses I had felt, and his encouragement and presence was one of comfort to me.  We are learning to rely on one another in new ways here, and I'm grateful that living in Spain is teaching us more of who we are in Christ, and who we are for one another.  I've been blessed to realize the depth of Brian & my experience here, watching him stand by me as things are tough and joyful here has been amazing.  It's only been 2.5 years of marriage, and the taste of beauty I've seen from God through our relationship is something I can't wait to be a part of as our time together grows & enriches.

As I watched this video this morning, tears of gratefulness came to my eyes, as I thought about how I am thankful that we made the decision to choose one another, and how we have very evidently seen God bless our lives and our relationship.  We're still figuring things out together, but knowing that our cord of three will not be broken is something that I take tremendous hope from.
(a huge thank you to my amazing friend, Harmony Eccles, for creating this beautiful piece for us)

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.  Ecclesiastes 4.9-12

b+k  – (August 11, 2010 at 9:46 AM)  

I feel like I should put a p.s. on this post! I love the song, though we really have nothing in common with the guy - we weren't engaged and married early, we don't have kids, etc, but i think he captures the idea of marriage and standing next to one another well! plus, i just like the song & the musicality of it :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP