New Years Brunch
>> Sunday, January 15, 2012 –
Life in Madrid
We decided that a really nice way to welcome in the new year would be to have a big brunch with our friends on January 1. Brian decided he wanted to be a short order cook and make everyone's eggs to order, so we had omlettes, fried eggs, scrambled eggs.
We also had bacon, fresh squeezed OJ, coffee, toast, and bloody marys! We figured some people might need them as a recovery from the night before...
We invited Catherine over - she taught us how to make a killer Bloody Mary. I think these will be a staple in the home of b+k for years to come.
I absolutely love our apartment, and I love that we can use it to do stuff like this.
I think if you look at most of these pictures, people were still working on waking up... though we started the brunch at 1 pm in the afternoon :) Just goes to show that we are a little more laid back here in Madrid than in the states. Everyone stayed around till about 4.30, then we spent the rest of the day on the couch :) I'm hoping this will be a tradition for years to come!








We're in for next year :-)