Powered by Blogger.

The Last.

One week ago, we said goodbye to our last guests.  Since January, we've been blessed to host 24 people at our place.  We've also gotten to have dinner with almost a dozen Cedar Falls friends of Rich & Kay while they visited Madrid (at different times of this summer).  Thanks to everyone who has come to keep us company here, who has traveled with us, brought me baking goods, helped us explore our city even more, and made us feel so loved!

Here's a snapshot of our travels & guests since January of this year...
Also, I mentioned a while back that I started working.  This spring, I took on 3 design related projects - the first was to help a carpenter friend of ours design some furniture, and the second was to be the project manager on the new space that our church moved into (design, decoration, furnishings).  I've finished with both of those commitments, but the third has continued.  The architecture firm I used to work for in the states hired me on a project to project basis to work long distance in Business Development & Market Research.  I research new markets from afar, and make lots of phone calls, creating potential project reports & white paper essays.  It's been perfect, as I can make my own hours and still stay connected to the professional world.

Hopefully my blog readers understand that guests, travel and work has contributed to why we've been seriously lacking in posts this summer!

Anonymous –   – (August 10, 2011 at 6:29 PM)  

oooohhhh hopefully i'll be part of that pink section before you guys take off. have fun on the camino!! i'm still working on digging up more info for you guys, but i sent some to brian's fb page, too. actually, come to think of it, i'm going to forward it all to you, too, kate.

B + A  – (August 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM)  

25. Allie 26. Reese 27. Cade :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP