Southern Ireland - Dingle Peninsula
After our drive from Doolin & the Cliffs of Mohr, we headed straight to our B&B, down a one lane road in the middle of nowhere. It was perfect! A ten minute walk down the road, there was this great little pub with live music. We got some tasty food (Irish stews, etc) and amazing beer while we listened to these guys play various instruments and crack jokes.
The next day we headed to the Dingle Peninsula. There are 3 main peninsulas in the southern part of Ireland, and I read in Rick Steve's guide to Ireland that the Dingle Peninsula was the one to hit - typically most tourists go to the Ring of Kerry Peninsula, so we definitely wanted to avoid that.The tiny town of Dingle had a little farmers market going on, so we stopped there and grabbed some snacks and headed off for a driving tour. We stopped several times as we drove around the peninsula - the views were just too incredible!
And, Brian met a new friend. It started POURING right after I took this picture. Seriously, the weather in Ireland is crazy - it rains at least one time a day, and you can have bright blue sky one minute and a downpour the next. We always kept our raincoats handy.
I wanted to take a picture of this gull, but right after I snapped this photo...
He started to fly right at me! I kinda freaked....Look at the picture above, those beady eyes planning the attack!
Seriously gorgeous.
We stopped at the easternmost point and climbed up a mini mountain to get a good look around.
After spending a lot of time enjoying the views, we continued our drive to a place that Rick Steves told us was a must visit - the Gallus Oratory. Which, I would have to say, was a pretty worthless stop... Rick Steves, you can't always be right. Seriously, how could anything man-made (even if it was built in the 6th century) compete with the God-created beauty surrounding us?
After soaking in all the beauty that the coast could offer, we headed back for another short stop in Dingle.
Saw some awesome fashion...
And realized how much we missed our old sailboat, Dory. Someday, we'll sail again! The harbor was pretty gorgeous, and I enjoyed our stroll around it.




r











such cool clouds!
DUDE...two things:
1) we just watched a super crappy movie called leap year, and a lot of it takes place in Dingle. funny!
2) we're going to ireland in february! we're flying into shannon and i don't know where exactly we are staying, but these pictures got me sooo excited!