Northern Ireland - Part 2 - a castle & a beachtown
Whoops, I lied in my last Ireland post. I accidentally skipped a day up in Northern Ireland, so we'll swing back up there before we finish up with Killarney & Southern Ireland.
Part of the reason I wanted to go to Northern Ireland on this trip in the first place was because I spent part of a summer there in college in the small town of Port Stewart. I went with Royal Servants, and helped lead high school students to work with the people and the children of that town as a missions trip. I thought it would be fun to go back to the city and show Brian some of the things I saw and did - plus it's really gorgeous up there, so we enjoyed just checking the city out as well!
This is the main street of the city, facing out to the water. We did street performances across the street in an outdoor amphitheater in front of the water, and spent a bunch of time just hanging out down in that area. I remember getting some of the best fish and chips of my life in that city, so I took Brian to the little shop to pick some up for an afternoon snack. Unfortunately, it was awful, and later we both regretted eating it...
Part of the reason I wanted to go to Northern Ireland on this trip in the first place was because I spent part of a summer there in college in the small town of Port Stewart. I went with Royal Servants, and helped lead high school students to work with the people and the children of that town as a missions trip. I thought it would be fun to go back to the city and show Brian some of the things I saw and did - plus it's really gorgeous up there, so we enjoyed just checking the city out as well!
This is the main street of the city, facing out to the water. We did street performances across the street in an outdoor amphitheater in front of the water, and spent a bunch of time just hanging out down in that area. I remember getting some of the best fish and chips of my life in that city, so I took Brian to the little shop to pick some up for an afternoon snack. Unfortunately, it was awful, and later we both regretted eating it...
We also went for a walk near our B&B, and found this interesting rock formation...
And some other pretty sights...
And some other pretty sights...
We also went to see the ruins of Dunluce Castle. This castle sits on a cliff, overlooking the ocean and the surrounding area. Supposedly the story is that one night, everyone in the castle was having dinner in the main hall, and there was a terrible storm going on around them. Suddenly, half of the room fell off into the sea, taking most of the servants along with it. After that, the lady of the house didn't want to live there (surprise, surprise), and so they moved more inland, and the castle fell into disrepair.
And, who knew we could have taken a trip in this bus? We thought it was hilarious. I personally love the green bull with the clover in it's mouth.










