Powered by Blogger.

Pottery Day!

Brian and I had a fantastic time on our trip to Germany & the Netherlands.  We got back early on Sunday, and we're readjusting to the rhythm of Madrid life again.  No matter how wonderful it is to go on a vacation, see some new things, visit old friends, and try new foods, there is something comforting about coming home.  And, even though this is only a temporary home, it's still a place that is full of comfort & peace for us.

Brian went back to work today, with lots to catch up on from our 11 days away, and I spent the day with some friends on a shopping trip!  These ladies have been wonderful to me, and have created a very comfortable community that I get to hang out with every Wednesday morning.  The first week we arrived, we checked out a church in the suburbs, and I met some women who invited me to join them for a Wednesday morning Beth Moore bible study.  I went the first week, and I've been hooked since!  Theres about 15 of us involved in the study, and we get together in the morning, have coffee, talk about our homework from the previous week, watch the teaching video (we've been learning from Revelations - it's deep and challenging, and so rewarding to study!) and then share prayer requests.  I usually go out for lunch with someone afterwords, and it truly has become a highlight of my week here.  The study is wrapping up this week, and I'm going to be really bummed to not see everyone each week throughout the summer.  But we'll be starting again in the fall :)

Back to this shopping trip...  about 2 hours away from Madrid, there is a warehouse for Cruz pottery.  Here's a website I found that sold their stuff (if you go to the link, I actually saw those two guys at the top working that day).  When we walked in, one of the women was painting a water jug, and she patiently walked us through their small storefront, and then back to their large warehouse, with pottery piled everywhere!  It's a family owned business, and they live across the street from the store, and spend most days working with the pottery.  One of the women told me you can find this pottery in the states for approximately 2 to 3 times the prices that we would get at the warehouse.  So, I had to pick up a few pieces, if I could find them that inexpensively!  I know that they will be fabulous reminders of our time here.  Plus, I'm sure I'll be going back in the near future, so if you see something you'd like, let me know.  You'd probably have to come here to get it though!  Or, don't be too surprised if you get something from here as a birthday/christmas/anniversary gift someday :)
They took a bunch of pottery out of the kiln while we were there.
See those little spanish ladies in the left foreground?  They are bells!  I picked a couple of those up :)
This shows about 3/4 of the warehouse.  Isn't it all so pretty!
This is the piece that a woman was painting when we arrived.  It's pretty awesome.

I'm realizing I didn't really get too many closeups of the finished pottery itself, but if you'd really like to see, check out that website!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP