so long insecurity
>> Thursday, April 29, 2010 –
Food for Thought
I stole this from my good friend Katie's Blog... hopefully she doesn't mind continuing to share these awesome words:
Something to ponder ...
Here is the commissioning statement from Beth Moore's simulcast for her new book So Long Insecurity
My Dear Sister
If Christ is Your Savior
You are the dwelling place
Of His own Spirit
You have it IN YOU
to be secure.
Every day of your life
You have a choice to make
You can live in your old defeat
Or you can turn from your unbelief
And choose life
Make up your mind
To put off the old you
And put on the new you.
Never, ever, ever forget
That the Lord is your security.
He will keep your foot
From being caught in a trap.
He will take care of you
To your very last breath.
Now, leave this place
And go out into the world
And act like a person
Who knows she’s dearly loved.
You were born to be exceptional.
So, Girlfriend, go forth
And walk worthy of your calling.
You are clothed in strength and dignity!
Now unto Him
Who can keep you from falling
Be glory and majesty
Power and authority
Through Jesus Christ our Lord
Now and forever more
Amen.
So Long, Insecurity!
Wouldn't it be sweet if we lived like we really believed this?!?
I am really mad :)
You would be!
I never realized how great Beth Moore is. Since we moved, I was invited to a study of her's with a bunch of awesome women from here, and I am learning SO much, and laughing SO much, and really enjoying it!! This thing she wrote is so true, and I'm really glad you found it!
by the way, we miss you guys. a. lot.
Hi Kate! Love your blog! Beth Moore is awesome; I feel like I have "come alive" to Bible study and really even to Christ since I have begun participating in her studies at our church! I did read her book So Long Insecurity and attended the simulcast as your friend did! During the simulcast, Beth noted that more than 300,000 women were worshiping and learning from her teaching that day!! AMAZING! ...Teresa J.