A quick hello!
>> Friday, October 15, 2010 –
Family + Friends,
Travel
Hey there long lost blog followers :)
It's been an incredible 6 weeks of travel and visitors, which hopefully explains my partial absence from my blog! But, lucky you, there should be a wealth of posts that come out of these latest excursions. It all started in Turkey on September 6, and this Brian and I said goodbye to our last visitors, his parents.
This is more for my remembrance than yours, but here's a quick chronology:
September 6, leave Madrid for Turkey, spend 2 nights in Istanbul.
September 8, fly to Lynn's hometown for 2 weeks to help her get ready for the arrival of baby Amara!
September 17, Rich & Kay arrive in Madrid for a one month touring extravaganza of Spain & Portugal
September 23, fly back to Istanbul and spend the night with some new amazing friends
September 24, fly back to Madrid
September 25, pick up Brad, Mollie & Kez at the airport and then head down south to Sevilla for 2 nights. Meet back up with Rich & Kay for the long weekend all together
September 26, all 7 of us drive/train to Malaga to spend 3 nights at our rural farmhouse
September 27, go to Granada!
October 1, visit Toledo
October 2, see my first bullfight in Madrid with our awesome guests
October 3, say a very sad goodbye to Brad, Mollie & Kez
October 8, Brian and I drive to Nazare, Portugal to meet Rich & Kay for a long weekend
October 10, the four of us head to the Douro Valley to stay 2 nights and visit lots of vineyards and try several varieties of Port
October 12, return to Madrid, and hang out and tour for the next couple of days
October 15, say a really sad goodbye to Rich & Kay
Wow! I can't believe all that has happened in 6 weeks... and I can't express how incredibly blessed we feel to get to do these things, and get to do them with people we love. We hit the six month mark of being here in Spain the day I left for Turkey, and getting to spend time with good friends was a much needed refreshment to our souls.
I'm looking forward to going through the photos and telling you about some of the awesome things we did!


Wow! Brad and Mollie just shared their pics of Spain with us last night. It looks like you all had a blast. Talk about making the most of your days abroad. You two are like Energizer bunnies. I would be exhausted. How exciting, though. Take care and get caught up on rest! ~Amber
I missed you! Lets skype soon!!